Every company no matter what it specializes in needs properly organized business processes to survive in the conditions of global competition and the dynamical business environment. And it is essential for every company to have one whole ground that furnishes task-oriented movement. This basis is formed with company’s strategic goals.
The adaptation of formalized project management methods allows not only to set the objectives for business and startups more reasonably but also to plan the investment activities in an optimal way and take possible risks into consideration. Also it helps to enhance efficiency of the available resources, avoid disputed situation, control performance to plan, gather and analyze actual performance data, and make adjustments when necessary.
Thus the project management system becomes one of the most important parts of the whole organization administration and is aimed at achievement of company’s strategic goals.
Benefits of web based Project Management Software
A great variety of tools that may be included into web based project management software can do a power of good during execution of a project. These advantages are:
- Real time interaction with the team that runs the project. As a rule, project management systems contain communication tools that assure online communication with the team assigned to the project and every member of the team can treat things as they come in.
- Document flow allows the employees to edit and update the reports on the projects that involve large amount of paperwork.
- Management of projects prices is one of the most important advantages of project management. Generally, a project management software contains the functionality that helps to control project expenses.
- Capability to manage risks, expectations and budget. Risk identification, expectations formation, and budget tracking are one of the key benefits of project management systems.
- Reporting. With the usage of flexible reports format and the ability to access the required data, the project management system will help you to deliver the project on time.
- Simplicity in action. The custom software that includes admin panels practically doesn’t require special training or instructions before usage. A simple and intuitive interface of management system will enable fast interaction and consequently the capacity increase.
Having decided what are the key benefits of cloud based management software, let’s view its prime objectives. These are:
Planning. One of the most common objectives is the ability to plan and control the tasks and events. The demands can differ depending on how you use the tool. The most common are:
- Ability to plan different events that are related to each other
- Identification of large project components and their decomposing into project component with the further segmentation or, in other words, building of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Planning of working schedule and resource allocation to particular tasks
- Estimation of time required to solve every task
- Task gradation in accordance with the priorities and allocated time
- Project data display in the form of Gantt chart
- Ability to run several projects at the same time
Data management and information output
Project management software offers a large amount of the necessary information like:
- The task list for employees and the information about resources allocation;
- Information survey about the deadlines;
- Early statement of possible risks related to the project;
- Info about application stress
- Workflow information, variables and conceptual foresights
Communication management with the team assigned to the project
A good project management software will help to set up:
- Negotiations and coordinations of business issues
- Project issues recording and processing
- Risk management and proactive control
- Granting access to progress updates by means of events buzz
Development and implementation of corporate project management methodology
The decision to develop a project management software is right! It enables to provide an organization with official reference documents that regularize and formalize the management methods and procedures which therefore will considerably increase the performance thanks to joint understanding of rules and terminologies. A corporate methodology covers all aspects of project management starting from supervision of working process during the whole project’s lifecycle and up to management of various functional fields like finances, personnel, time limits, quality, stipulations, etc. Logically structured corporate management methodology is the first step to the implementation of project management system.
Reasons to build a cloud based project management software:
- Reduces of disorderliness that negatively affects project results
- Endenizens the universal nomenclature that assures the clear understanding of the information by everyone involved in the project
- Contributes to the general processes comprehension for corporate employees
- Sets clear differentiation and responsibilities for those who take part in a project
- Provides distinct description to working processes
How much does a custom Project Management Software cost?
Let’s view this question specifically, as it concerns every CEO or business owner. If you plan to outsource the project management software development costs are one of the main interests.
There are several factors that cost of developing project management software depend on. These are:
- Planned size and amount of features. For instance, the price to create a plain software for a company with small amount of employees will cost less than development of an advanced management system for a corporation with many departments and hundreds of staff members.
- Developer’s hourly rate. Here everything is simple, the hourly rate is the more expensive the whole development will cost. The average price for North America is around $130-$150 per hour, and in India prices commonly range between is $5-$15. But there are companies like AMCON SOFT that charge $25-$40 and provide good quality of work.
So, if you are planning to take the project management in your company to the new level, it will cost you around $15000-$30000.
Of course, there is a plenty of open source solutions, but your own management system will not compare with them
We will provide you with an efficient solution in strict accordance with your requirements and specifications and answer the question “How much does a custom project management software cost?” in your individual case.