Cloud based computing has led to step change in the model of IT resources development, delivery, and usage. The technology of cloud computing also is the main driving force of IT innovation and growth all around the globe. However, there is a variety of new terms and technologies that don’t make sense at first sight. Probably you already use Internet and cloud-based computing like web and mobile mail or online purchases.
To figure out how to build a cloud based invoicing software let’s take a detailed look at cloud computing in general.
Main purposes of cloud computing
Cloud-based computing or simply a Cloud is the providing of computing resources of any kind, starting from applications and software up to data processing centers. Such services are provided on demand through the Internet and are paid for the actual use. Furthermore, cloud computing can include the possibility to access and return IT resources fast, sort of self-service (instead of applying to the IT department every time you need to access IT resources). The approach of shared usage is much more convenient and cost effective.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provides the users with prime processing resources:
- Network resources
- Storage units
- Data centers
IaaS is frequently called the cornerstone of cloud computing. In the common model IaaS model the servers provided to the users are either physical servers or virtual servers. IaaS can be used by users or service providers that offer innovational or more specific solutions above the basic platform. These are the companies like:
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
Platform as a Service. PaaS is built above Iaas and represents a combination of Infrastructure software with a Platform. Generally, this implies the development of cloud applications, middleware, non- data software with everything needed for the support of the full lifecycle of development, QA and delivery of the product, excluding the expenses and difficulties with purchasing and setting the basic hardware and software platform.
Software as a Service. SaaS gives you access to the apps that function in a cloud through a network. As a rule, SaaS solution enables the shared access to web based software and databases for a plurality of users. In such a way the key feature of SaaS solutions lies in the multi-mental capacity. It means that software and hardware can be used by many users at the same time and data is safely being divided between them. The most popular SaaS applications are the CRMs (Customer relationship management software), ERPs (Enterprise resource planning) and other specialized solutions. The examples of worldwide SaaS providers are:
Now as you have the general idea of cloud solution it’s time to talk about
web based invoicing software.
Basic functionality of an invoicing system
To develop an invoicing software you need to determine the functionality first. A basic set of features should be:
- Invoice processing software that works with debit and credit cards that belong to various payment systems (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCV, Diners Club International, Discover Financial Services, etc.) It should include custom invoice generator and invoice scanning software
- Support of additional methods of payment: cheques, digital wallets like WebMoney, PayPal, SMS-payments, ACH, Star Card, etc.
- Friendly API for payment gateway integration or web scraping tool for various POS terminals, e-shops and in app purchases. This can be a direct API (the acceptance of payment with the direct invoice data submission to the gateway or tool) or a redirect API (the acceptance of payment with the data submission to 3-rd party processing company). In the second scenario an e-shop, for instance, doesn’t have access to invoice data and takes no responsibility for its storage and usage.
- Advanced analytics and invoice tracking software with flexible filters to assure the payment control.
The high level of security is a must in this matter as such projects directly involve banking operations. Сonsequently, the open source solutions are inappropriate in this field.
Support and maintenance
An invoicing software is a highly complicated system and it requires distinct support to assure smooth operation of your product 24/7. We actively use mirroring and servers and databases slotting to reach the stable invoice acceptance and processing.
Unlike many companies we provide long term product support and offer further updates and expansion of the functionality.
How much does a custom invoicing software development cost?
Invoicing software development cost is affected by several factors:
- Planned size and amount of features. For instance, the price to create an invoicing software for a small business will be much smaller that development of an advanced enterprise solution for a corporation.
- Company’s hourly rate. Here everything is simple, the more developers charge per hour of their work the more expensive your project eventually will be. The developers in North America charge around $120-$150 per hour, and in India the average price is $5-$15. Of course, these are two extremes, but they illustrate how huge this gap is.
However, the cheapest or, on the contrary, the most expensive developers team is not necessary the best for business or startups. As for now, the golden mean is the Eastern European outsourcing companies like AMCON SOFT. We provide great quality for reasonable prices. The average cost of invoicing software development for local business or small company can range between $15000-$20000.
If you want to get more specific answers to the question “How much does a custom invoicing software development cost?” just contact us and we will consult you.