Nowadays the Web is a highly programmable environment that allows to deploy the huge amount of Custom web apps to millions of global users. To access and use a Web application all you need is a web browser.
A Web browser is a software application that allows users to view the content stored on websites and interact with the applications. The most obvious examples of browsers are Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
What is a Web application
Web applications are specialized additions to websites that allow users to submit and retrieve data to/from the databases all over the Internet by the means of a browser. The data is then processed and displayed to the user in their browser as information.
What differs a Web application from a Website
Generally, a website is a content-oriented resource that provides the information to users. These are the solutions with a static layout and static content. As you can see, the level of interaction is minimum. Of course, there can be a few fields for filling and good websites have a pleasant design, but still, mostly you just read the content on the pages.
Let’s make an illustrative example. You are reading this article on our company’s website. And it is content-centered page that has text may be with a few images and nice font, but all you can do here is to read our article, not much to interact with it.
A web application is different. Here are more users actions are required. It means that some tasks can be done, some goal can be achieved with a web app.
What Makes Something A Web Application
Gmail can be a great example of a web application. You have your personal account that is separated from other users, unlike the webpage that can be accessed by everyone. You even see the page differently. Another thing is the interaction. Here you can upload, edit, send and acquire information via emails and attachments.
The key differences between a web application and website are:
- Each user interacts with the web app personally. Basically, that means that the application is aware of who you are and uploads the history of your sessions.
- Every user can customize and make the interface more personal in accordance with his or her convenience. It means that you can move the buttons and icons, rename folders or catalogs, and set up colors and background images.
- Users are enabled to create, edit, store, and make other actions with the data. It can be anything starting from sending emails up to working with multi-page spreadsheet or charts.
Now as you have the general idea of what a web application is, it’s time to find answers to these questions: “How to develop a web app?” and “How much does it cost to build a web application?”
Stages of web application development
- Business analysis and need identification
Any custom web application development starts with a research, as it must fulfill the business needs, solve certain tasks, and meet users demands. Thus, your app must be convenient for users and in the same time it must include features and content to solve the main challenge.
Therefore, every agency launches detailed analysis to determine the target audience, understand what users expect from the product, where to apply their effort, and make emphasis on the further stages of web application development.
- UX (Users Experience) and Prototyping
When you have the imprintof your target audience and defined prime objectives, it’s time to work on the concept of your product. On this stage much attention is paid to usability and creation of user stories. As a general rule, web application development company provides a few design prototypes to the customer and then they choose the most suitable one.
- Web applications development as it is
When you have the validated concept the active phase of web applications development starts. At first, design is created in accordance with the prototype. And then the web app developers
build a web application architecture and develop the features. After that the QA Engineers get involved to make sure that your product is bug-free before you enter the market.
- Further promotion
A marketing campaign is a must even for the product of highest quality, as you will have competitors on the market. You need to make sure users will find your app. There is a variety of ways to upgrade the visibility of your web app on the Internet:
- SEO Optimization
- Targeted advertising
How much does it cost to build a web application?
Of course, the cost to create a web app can range widely, as the price for such services depends on two main factors.
The first is, where you hire web application developers?. The development companies in North America are the most expensive. Awarding a project to Eastern European developers is less expensive as such companies like AMCON SOFT provide great quality for reasonable and more compatible prices.
The second is, the size and the complexity of your project. We have divided them into four categories according to web app development cost and timelines:
- Basic Web App: A very plain application that has very few interactive elements. Generally, these are online brochures, landing pages and catalogs. Costs: $5-10K. Time: 1 month.
- Professional Web App: Interactive website with several pages of content, retail portals, online food delivery services, etc. Costs: $15-40K. Time: 2-3 months.
- Corporate Web App: Web sites for the large companies with a custom CMS, high capacity web portals, E-commerce platforms targeted to up to $10 million earnings, solutions that intend to optimize the processes in the company, etc. Costs: $50-200K. Time: 4-6 months.
AMCON SOFT can make a webapp of any complexity. Get in touch with us and we will bring your ideas to life!